This week we witnessed one of the most amazing business stories in years. Meta announced a 22% reduction in headcount coupled with a 25% increase in revenue, resulting in a net income of $14 Billion, up 203% from the year before. This means Meta, a $160+ billion company, is generating 35% net profit after ... Read more»
This week Meta (Facebook) announced revenue growth of 25% year over year and a headcount cut of 22%, with net income soaring to $14 billion, almost a 35% net profit. That spectacular outcome is a result of focus and a clear and rigorous process of reducing headcount.
But the big story is not this company, ... Read more»
This week’s podcast covers several topics:
- The continuing debate about remote work, and why I believe it’s still a good option, despite CEOs who feel otherwise
- My great conversation with Scott Galloway, discussing remote work and more
- Why Amazon workers may walk out
- Review of AI solutions from the ERP vendors and update on 2nd
In this week’s podcast I cover a bunch of topics. Here they are:
- More proof that Chat-GPT is immature and yes, it’s biased
- The unexpected impact of pay transparency laws
- Why the economy is experiencing a “slow motion car crash”
- The ever-tighter labor market and shortage of workers
- Why gig workers are happier than wage
Yes, it looks like we’re headed for a slowdown. Not only have high growth stocks and crypto been devastated, but companies are also starting to wonder about growth. While we’re certainly not in an economic slowdown yet, it’s pretty clear it’s coming, so it’s a good time to get ready.
Should you continue to raise ... Read more»
This week we launched our new global Talent Acquisition research (all about sourcing, recruiting, and attracting people) and the results are staggering. While nearly every company is trying to hire (the unemployment rate is below 3.6% and the economy is creating more than 400,000 new jobs each month), recruiting teams are not keeping up.... Read more»
This podcast details our brand new research on recruiting, and why 74% of companies underperform. I took some time to give you many of the details, including the labor market situation, why companies struggle to recruit, and the big secrets to recruiting with excellence.
For more information please look at our new research and ... Read more»