The Definitive Guide to Building a Dynamic Organization
When Josh Bersin Company experts talk with C-level leaders about their priorities, they cite transformation as the number-one issue they cite. While this is not a new topic, a shift away from episodic transformation toward continuous transformation is new. Companies must now think about becoming change agile.
Only 7% of companies qualify as Dynamic Organizations. Most companies are stuck in the industrial model of legacy job structures, rigid hierarchies, and top-down management models, relying on recruiting as the sole source of their growth. That model is built around predictable, unchanging jobs and assumes that we can always find employees to fill them. The industrial model no longer works.
Dynamic Organizations operate in the Post-Industrial Age model, strategically aligning people and skills to opportunities and improving productivity and business competitiveness in tandem. They continuously transform at speed and scale to drive exponential business, people, and innovation outcomes. Dynamic Organizations focus on:
- Business growth through transformation.
- Creation of an environment steeped in trust, inclusion, psychological safety, and growth for its people.
- New solutions and perspective that innovation is core to the business.
- Organizational, team, and individual productivity together.
Beyond that, these fast-moving companies develop, move, and support employees with continuous investment and opportunities, and they build transformation-oriented work practices, reward systems, leadership frameworks, and culture. They’ve figured out that Skunkworks projects are no longer enough to move the needle. Everything about the business architecture has to be innovative and disruptive. Our research initiative, led by Kathi Enderes, Global Analyst and SVP of Research, and in collaboration with Gloat, found that Dynamic Organizations are:
- 3x more likely to achieve financial targets
- 21x more likely to be diverse and inclusive
- 7x more likely to innovate effectively
- 20x more likely to achieve higher productivity
Fill out the form below to download the complementary Infographic and Executive Summary. For access to the full report and complete library of our research, contact us about Corporate Membership.
- Analyst Article: Building the Dynamic Organization: Critical for the Post-Industrial Era by Kathi Enderes
- Press Release: New Josh Bersin Company Research Finds that Today’s High-Performing Companies Adopt a New “Dynamic Organization” Operating Model